Old 03-03-2004, 07:03 PM
bannor

Default DIY CO2 system question

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 10:07:45 GMT, "Ken Pinard"
wrote:
Thank you,
I have the bottle below the tank as well. I did put a little Baking soda
in but not as much as you suggested. I am using a 2 liter bottle now. The 1
gallon milk jug didn't hold the pressure well. That was my first attempt it
was interesting to see how it worked. I have adjusted my duffuser now to all
better circulation through it and to keep it lower beneath the plants.
Ken

Yeah, I am not surprised about the milk jug not holding the pressure.
I use 2 X 2 liter bottles on each plant tank... and rotate their
changes of media so that I am never without CO2 production.

The only time I ever had a leak from the 2 liter bottles was when it
was knocked over on it's side... the pressure from the CO2 forced the
fluid up into tank... fortunately I caught it before I lost too much
fluid... of course, it was a mess to clean up... i had to force bleach
through the tubing, bubble counter etc then flush it very well with
clear water and start the whole system back up again. I lost about
1/4 cup total fluid up into my tubing etc, so less than that actually
made it into the tank.. fish etc survived well, but I made a 30% water
change that day and the following day just to be safe.

I have seen someone advertising acrylic racks for holding 2 2 liter
bottles on aquabid... that will probably be my next purchase, 3 or 4
of those should suffice for my current setups...