Old 24-01-2003, 12:43 AM
Alan Walker

Default [IBC] Have anyone heard of Rhodonite (Rose Stone) "Painting"?

FWIW, I found a file with a photo of our stone and posted it on the Suiseki Gallery at
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ag...ast=1025810731

Alan Walker, Lake Charles, LA, USA
http://LCBSBonsai.org http://bonsai-bci.com
================================
Alan Walker wrote:
My wife and I got a nice stone like this while at the California Bonsai Society's 45th anniversary
convention last march in Burbank. The vendor was Angela Cheng of Tian Tao, 2326 Huntington Drive, San
Marino, CA 91108. She can be reached at I think they have very agreeable prices.
Alan Walker, Lake Charles, LA, USA
http://LCBSBonsai.org http://bonsai-bci.com
================================
batmon wrote:
Really? I don't see any in San Jose area here. I have hard time try
to find them on eBay too. Can you tell me what key word(s) to search
under? I use "Rhodonite painting" or "Rhodonite landscape" and comes
up nothing. Search under "Rhodonite" and just come up with bunch
necklace and stuff. Let me know, thank you.
=====
You can find Rhodonite just about anywhere in the world, in Vancouver
almost every shop in Chinatown has it for sale as a landscape scene. I
pick up the odd piece at flea markets. Look at ebay lots there listed.
This landscape type Rhodonite is not pure - meaning it has inclusions
within making it less valuable.
Anton
======
Hi,
Have anyone heard of Rhodonite (Rose Stone) "Painting"? I came
across an article in Taipei Times and it sounds pretty interesting. Here is the article...
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/feat...2/12/01/185540
And it mentioned that the Rhodonite in Taiwan is among the best,
better then Australia ones.

Basically they cut and slice up some huge Rhodonite, look through
them and find the best piece that resemble Chinese landscape paintings and add a nice frame with some
Chinese characters to it.
Here are couple photos from the article above...
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/feat.../01/0000047407
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/feat.../01/0000047409
I am thinking about getting few of this through friends in Taiwan to
go along with my bonsai. You think it's a good buy? Any feedbacks
are welcome. Thank you. :-)

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++