Old 09-03-2004, 12:46 AM
Dan Gannon

Default You're invited to my new Yahoo Group, "Fragrant Miniature Roses"

Mike,

I apologize if I've offended you. It was also not my intention to
threaten; I was stating my thoughts and feelings honestly, though
perhaps without tact. If nobody's interested, is it a threat t say
I'll take my efforts elsewhere?

I'm afraid you're mistaken about my "elitist worldview." I'm a native
English speaker. Granted, I'm dissatisfied with some things in the
culture I belong to. But that's not the same as elitism.

You are certainly free to pass, of course. As is everyone - including
myself.

Dan

Mike wrote in message ...
On 8 Mar 2004, (Dan Gannon) wrote:
(Dan Gannon) wrote in message
.com...
everyone is welcome:

Is there no interest among English-speaking people, in fragrant
miniature roses? I'm not going to keep the Fragrant Miniature
Roses group open forever with no participation. This is quite
depressing.

At least I know speakers of many other languages are keenly
interested in this topic. Need the English-speaking world lose
out? You decide. Right now, I'm feeling like I'm only going to
contribute in other languages. (Cantonese, Spanish, Thai, etc.)

Phooey!

Dan

Ummm.. you're coming off a bit strong there, Dan. It's a turn-off. Sounds
like you're scolding and threatening us if we don't join your group. Then
there's that elitist worldview that English-speaking people are boors
slipping into your rant that'll just charm the pants off everyone. Pass.

Mike