Old 09-03-2004, 03:41 AM
Dan Gannon

Default You're invited to my new Yahoo Group, "Fragrant Miniature Roses"

Hi Philip,

I understand.

For myself, I thought a specific forum was necessary for the fragrant
miniatures. As it stands, it's very difficult to identify all of the
fragrant miniatures. Many of them appear "lost" in the sea of other
varieties, some may have slipped into obscurity, some are only
mentioned in particular forums or publications, etc. I think a
thorough search and record of these varieties is essential. There are
outstanding varieties, both new and old, that are virtually unknown
among rosarians, even some who specialize in miniatures! I think
these varieties could be much more popular if the general public could
become aware of them. The average miniature rose I see in local
stores is non-fragrant, not an identified cultivar, and often
disappointing for other reasons. I think these factors have severely
harmed the public awareness and oinion of miniature roses. There
doesn't seem to be any valid reason that it must remain so.

I wish to see further development of new varieties, which may be
accelerated with further attention given to the subject. I personally
will be attempting to develop new varieties. There is no guarantee of
success, but I think if I persevere, I increase my chances.

I apologize for the disgruntled nature of my previous message.

Dan

Philip Lewis wrote in message .edu...
(Dan Gannon) writes:
Is there no interest among English-speaking people, in fragrant
miniature roses? I'm not going to keep the Fragrant Miniature

While I personally am interested in miniatures (and bonsai, and other
dwarfed species... sucks to only have a small yard I do not feel
I have sufficient interest in joining yet another yahoogroup. This
newsgroup is about roses in general so miniature rose discussion would
be on topic here. Personally, i'll stay/ask here if i have
questions on miniatures.