Old 09-03-2004, 02:54 PM
Sunflower

Default You're invited to my new Yahoo Group, "Fragrant Miniature Roses"

"Dan Gannon" wrote in message
om...
Hi Philip,

I understand.

As it stands, it's very difficult to identify all of the
fragrant miniatures. Many of them appear "lost" in the sea of other
varieties, some may have slipped into obscurity, some are only
mentioned in particular forums or publications, etc. I think a
thorough search and record of these varieties is essential.

So, you're identifying these fragrant minis through literature and
hybridizers descriptions?

How many of them do you *personally* grow and have *personal* experience
with to judge that they are fragrant?

And, what type of standard are you using to judge the strength of that
fragrance? My standard for a HT would be Fragrant Cloud, for a noisette,
Blush Noisette, for a polyantha Perle d'Or, etc. My standard for a fragrant
mini would be Sweet Chariot, which although nicely scented, isn't what I'd
call terribly strongly scented. It's also probably one of the best as far as
BS resistance goes, but that is such a joke that you couldn't compare it to,
say a china at all and come out looking good.