Old 10-03-2004, 01:15 AM
Marshall Dermer

Default You're invited to my new Yahoo Group, "Fragrant Miniature Roses"

In article dave weil
writes:
How do you prevent the various fungus infections without using
some awful fungicide that is meant to be used outdoors?

I'd also have to ask how long this success has been achieved.

Yes!

I have a hard time envisioning a long life for a miniature rose
indoors in a typical apartment without a *serious* array of apparati.
And that's hardly: "How else can one easily keep a
rose - which *smells* like a rose should - as a houseplant, or keep
quite a few of them on a porch or patio"?

I'm skeptical about the "easy" claim regarding keeping miniatures in
"an apartment or condo". I can certainly see keeping them on a porch
or patio, but inside?

I've tried. Right now my two minature roses are suffering from a fungal
infection. However, I sprayed them last week with some Ortho Fungicide
and I will patiently wait as they shed their "bad" leaves for a new
set of leaves. Then, unless I can find good advice, I shall plant
them outdoors.

Hell, orchids are a lot easier and they still need a lot of help in
most homes (lights, pebble trays, humidifiers, fans, etc.). We aren't
talking about pothos after all...

I have no trouble with my three orchid plants.

Now bringing a potted mini in for a night or two to act as a
centerpiece on a table I can see...

Me too, but I would like to learn how I might be able to do
better with minature roses.

--Marshall