Old 11-03-2004, 06:32 AM
NTANTIQUES

Default Buds! Buds!

We've had a flush of very warm weather this week in the San Francisco Bay Area
and my roses are going bonkers. The Mrs. Sam McGredy climber I put in 3 years
ago has won our backyard " first to bud sweepstakes," honoring us with not
just one, but dozens of baby buds today. Planted next to a pergola, in a fairly
unauspicious location, it's taken a while to get established, but in a bit we
should have one heck of a display. Ah roses - in a blink they can wipe aside
the memory of a cold, rainy, poopy winter. God love 'em.
NT