Old 12-03-2004, 07:01 AM
Steveo

Default Briggs and Stratton 16 HP OHV engine

"Not Me" wrote:
"Steveo"

| I've inherited a Sears lawn tractor with a 16 HP OHV B&S engine.
| Seems the engine was run without oil and is shot/seized.
|
| I need a source of a new/rebuilt/use engine for this machine. Also
would
| like info on rebuilt kits for this engine. I have lots of time but
| little money so ...
|
| Any help would be appreciated.
|
| BTW Sears wants more for a new engine then they are selling the
| entire tractor.
|
| http://www.briggsandstratton.com/

Thanks,

Went there early on, sent emails even made phone calls. All responses
directed me to their 'dealer' net work. No one I spoke with had any
interest other than trying to sell me a new engine. Interesting point I
can purchase a brand new lawn tractor for less than they want for just
the engine.

Did you get to this part of that website?

http://www.briggsandstratton.com/dis...sp?DocID=63833