Old 13-03-2004, 01:05 AM
Not Me

Default Briggs and Stratton 16 HP OHV engine

"Steveo"

| | | I've inherited a Sears lawn tractor with a 16 HP OHV B&S engine.
| | | Seems the engine was run without oil and is shot/seized.
| | |
| | | I need a source of a new/rebuilt/use engine for this machine.
| | | Also
| | would like info on rebuilt kits for this engine. I have lots of
time
| | | but little money so ...
| | |
| | | Any help would be appreciated.
| | |
| | | BTW Sears wants more for a new engine then they are selling the
| | | entire tractor.
| | |
| | | http://www.briggsandstratton.com/
| |
| | Thanks,
| |
| | Went there early on, sent emails even made phone calls. All
| | with had any interest other than trying to sell me a new engine.
| | Interesting point I can purchase a brand new lawn tractor for less
| | than they want for just the engine.
| |
| | Did you get to this part of that website?
| |
| | http://www.briggsandstratton.com/dis...sp?DocID=63833
|
| I located any number of dealers from both B&S web site and other
sources.
| So far all want to sell me a new engine ( I can buy a new engine for
most
| cars for less). Still a few were honest enough to point out I could
buy
| a new tractor for less.
|
| Hrm..you can buy a new tractor for less than this?
|
| http://www.continentalengines.com/ce...e.asp?ID=31057

Thanks for the response and the effort to help me with this.

Actually yes I can buy a car engine for less. While this is much better
than anything I've found so far it is still more than I think is either fair
or justified. (I've found new lawn tractors for not much more)