Old 13-03-2004, 03:15 AM
Dan Gannon

Default You're invited to my new Yahoo Group, "Fragrant Miniature Roses"

Theo,

You make some good points. I suppose I've been lucky so far, in not
encountering any infestations in my minis.

I disagree on one point. I think chemical sprays can be used for
miniature roses grown indoors. I would just take the plant outside,
to a well-ventilated area away from birds and such, spray it there,
then move it back inside. I'd suggest waiting a few minutes before
bringing it back inside, for the chemical smell to mostly dissipate.
That's essentially what I plan to do, should I need to spray any of
them.

Dan

"Theo" wrote in message ws.com...
Dave,

I'd like to qualify your statements a bit if I may.
Roses 'generally' don't necessarily dislike indoor
climate control. In fact mine atleast love the lack of
variation and grow and bloom constantly.

What they 'do not' like is cross contamination of indoor
and out door climate. In other words, keeping a rose out on
the porch for 2 months them bringing it in for 3 weeks
is a strict no no. Disease and pests that were under control
out side turn into raging problems in a heart beat inside.
Conversely problems you never saw inside turn into plant killers
out side.

Roses take weeks or months to acclimatize to their micro climate.
Indoors roses have a lower number of interventions possible.
Spraying is not really an option. So keep those indoor roses inside
and prevent contamination and you should be fine.

--
Theo

in KC Z5