Old 13-03-2004, 03:36 AM
ben boorman

Default Buds! Buds!

Just to be a jerkkkkkk:

Los Angeles, Zone 10:
Helmut Schmidt Blooming
Passionate Blooming cuttings in the house
Cecile Brunner Blooming
JFK Blooming cuttings in the house
Mutabulis Blooming
Hot Cocoa trying
Proud Land Blooming
St. Patricks trying
Playboy Blooming cuttings in the house
Marmalade Sky Blooming
Kaleidoscope trying
Molineuz trying
Chris Evert Blooming
Brilliant Pink Blooming
Royal Sunset trying

don't even get me started on what is budding down here.

Sorry, just bragging.

NTANTIQUES wrote:
We've had a flush of very warm weather this week in the San Francisco Bay Area
and my roses are going bonkers. The Mrs. Sam McGredy climber I put in 3 years
ago has won our backyard " first to bud sweepstakes," honoring us with not
just one, but dozens of baby buds today. Planted next to a pergola, in a fairly
unauspicious location, it's taken a while to get established, but in a bit we
should have one heck of a display. Ah roses - in a blink they can wipe aside
the memory of a cold, rainy, poopy winter. God love 'em.
NT