Old 13-03-2004, 05:29 PM
Shiva

Default Buds! Buds!

Mark. Gooley wrote:

"NTANTIQUES" wrote
We've had a flush of very warm weather this week in
the San Francisco Bay Area and my roses are going
bonkers. The Mrs. Sam McGredy climber I put in 3
years ago has won our backyard " first to bud
sweepstakes," honoring us with not just one, but
dozens of baby buds today...

North peninsular Florida, zone 8b. Prosperity, Westerland,
Old Blush in bloom -- just barely. Various others in bud.
I do confess that most bushes are simply putting out new
growth; some of the more-heavily deciduous are still nearly
bare, such as the rugosas and some of the old garden roses.

Central Piedmont North Carolina, zone 7b. The forsythia is
blooming and I'm finishing pruning today! (But there is a bunch
of new red growth.)