Old 15-03-2004, 11:34 PM
madgardener

Default Locusts

you'll be fine. these aren't like the decimating locust that eat everything
in their paths. you'll just notice them when they do their noise
thing...........it comes in very loud waves of sound. and you'll find empty
shells of their bodies in odd places where they've crawled up and split
their skin and left the premises. kinda neat and spooky all at once.....but
you don't need to do anything, really!
madgardener

"James" wrote in message
Someone here said they were expecting locusts (cicada) this year in my

area.
Don't know if they are the 17 year kind or 11 year kind or something else.
Last time around they did plenty of damage. We have tent caterpillars

almost
every year but have learned to cope with them but with cicadas I don't

know
if there are any preventative measures to take. These things come in late
may and june as I remember. Anyone with info chime in.