Old 17-03-2004, 05:10 AM
Rod Out back

Default How do I Remove Possums

"Tricia" wrote in message
Jock wrote:
|| You have to block the holes so they stay out - put up a nesting box
|| in a tree.
|| this is all a little ground hog day for me I am afraid.....
|| Jock

Yep I know, but hubby is just about to do it when they return - still
it's only been 25 years we have been trying - we think we are up to the
last 2 holes now

--
Tricia

Tricia,

There is a stuff used to stop birds roosting in aircraft hangars called 'Hot
Foot', which you smear over the places they roost. It apparently irritates
the birds feet, and causes a burning sensation, but isnt supposed to do any
serious harm to them. I was wondering how feasible it would be to smear
this stuff at the points where the possums enter\exit. Maybe not this exact
stuff, but something similar.

Maybe there is a marketting opportunity to produce a 'Hot Foot' for
Possums...I wonder how unpleasant they would find it to have something like
vaseline mixed with chilli on their feet.

Mind you; I dont want to kill the little devils; just get them to sleep
elsewhere.

I have this same challenge looming; I think I am going to have to discourage
the possums that have started camping in the attic of our laundry building.
I note they are using only one or 2 places to enter, so am thinking of
trying some sort of discouragement at these points.
I havent even begun to count how many holes they might have to get up
there....

Cheers,

Rod.........Out Back