Old 17-03-2004, 04:10 AM
Rod Out back

Default How do I Remove Possums

--

"Trish Brown" wrote in message
I wonder if you could run a speaker wire up into your roof cavity, install

a Big
Mother speaker and play a tape of a growling dog? Or, maybe, the sound of

wedge-tailed eagle? (I'm serious! Really!) Or white noise? Or maybe

Aerosmith in
concert would do the job?

Surely if it were in the roof cavity, loud noise wouldn't bother *you*,

but it
might deter the possums? Might be worth a try anyway...?

--
Trish {|:-}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia

Trish,

I like the idea, but I keep thinking of those trials they keep doing to
reduce the black spots on country roads where kangaroos keep getting hit by
cars. They have tried randomly flashing lights, closely spaced guide-posts,
and I think a noise-maker, and the kangaroos still keep getting hit. I
understand a lot of our more tenacious (and possums would surely rate in
this category) will blank out noise that they dont see as immediate threats.
They get used to it very quickly.

That said, I do think the solution is something like noise, or something
else that makes them uncomfortable, without turning the house into a
disaster zone.

Rod new project; what makes possums uncomfortable, or how to incite an angry
daschaund to spend his life in the attic...

Cheers,

Rod.......Out Back