Old 19-03-2004, 12:03 PM
Mike K

Default Shallow rooting but tallish plants required!

Hi

My next door neighbour has just removed his hedge and put up a 3 foot high
boarded fence, which is a bit bland and ugly on my side. I'd like to put in
some fast growing greenery on my side, but unfortunately my main drain to
the road runs alongside the fence on my side of it. It's about 2 foot below
the surface. Therefore, has anyone got any suggestions on what I could
plant that will mask the fence, but without producing deep roots that could
damage the drain?

Soil type is neutral and the aspect is northerly, and we're right on the
coast with strong winds just to make things fun?

Any suggestions or advice very gratefully received.

Many thanks.

--
Mikey K
Pembrokeshire, Wales