Old 19-03-2004, 07:18 PM
kenty ;-\)

Default Getting rid of scale insects ??

I would also recommend ultimate bug killer,I have a friend who grows orchids
who had scale insect badly,he used UBK which is now doing the trick.It is
systemic so if you spray the plant ,the plant takes it in so treats the
whole plant.Not just killing on contact.
--
Thanks Keith,UK.
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"aa ka" wrote in message
I have a large orange tree, that is now covered with scale insects.

There is just to many to get rid of by hand.

Ideas please of an alternative, preferably spraying or dunking.

I was given a Lemon tree last year (neighbour moving to Australia) that

was
covered in the blighters, so many that they were on top of each other,
everything was sticky, horrid.
Got a hand sprayer, some tap water with a drip of washing up liquid,

pumped
it up to max and kept it there, and went over the plant leaf by leaf,

branch
by branch and blasted them off. Make sure you get the little ones in the
crevices. Takes a while but is effective although you do get a bit wet
yourself. :-)
After a couple of days I did another search and found some I'd missed,
blasted those , and it was clear of them and has been ever since.

I check our Citrus trees thoroughly for these twice every year, in spring

as
I put them out for the summer and again before I bring them back into the
greenhouse.
--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars