Old 20-03-2004, 12:42 PM
Dick

Default keeping plants planted

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:33:14 -0500, "Petebert"
wrote:

what can I use to keep my plants in the gravel? they always like to come up,
alot of the plants available in my area dont have the big root balls like
the swords do, those stay down in my tank with no problem.

Is it ok to use those metal weights that they come with? I worry they will
rust or get metal in the tank somehow.

Lead doesn't rust. Iron rusts, some people add iron for their plants.
Maybe someone more into the chemistry angle good add to or correct
what I am saying.

As to the lead, I have used the lead strips many times. I pull them
off once the roots are well established to keep the stems from getting
cut as they expand.