Old 21-03-2004, 04:13 AM
Brian

Default Towards a more organic garden (etc.)

In article .net,
Robert wrote:

I can't help you with Raleigh but you might try Stone Brothers & Byrd in
Durham:

http://stonebrothers.com

They do have some organic products and they are reluctant to overuse
chemicals. I brought my troubled Gardenia clippings in last week and they
were very helpful in diagnosing the problem and discouraged a chemical
remedy. I think any other place would have sent me home with a number of
chemicals that would not have necessarily helped.

Hey, thank you for the reply...I'll check those sources out further. I
meant to reply to your gardenia post...I have a Chuck Hayes out front,
and it's got some crispy brown leaves in various places on it. I wait
until after the last bit of cold (this coming week, maybe?) and then
cut these places off and around April 15th, hit them with some
HollyTone and they are good to go. In my experience, it's a very hardy
cultivar of gardenia, and these brown leaves aren't a big deal.

We live on the Falls Lake watershed and we have a well for our water so we
end up drinking what we put into our immediate environment. So we try to
keep things as organic as possible with our gardening.

I'm glad to see somebody else feels the same!