Old 21-03-2004, 08:04 PM
Al Boswell

Default Barley Straw Extract for Green Water Algae ?

Shawan
I have a planted tank and noticed no adverse affect on the plants with the
lights off for three days.

Al
"Shawn P. Good" wrote in message
I had thought about that, but wondered what effect that would have on my
plants. Do you have a planted tank ?

"Al Boswell" wrote in message
Shawn
I have eliminate Green water by turning the lights off until the water
cleared, about three days.
Al

"Shawn P. Good" wrote in message
Does anyone have experience treating "green water algae" infestations

with
barley straw extract ? What were your conclusions ? Did it work or

not
work ?

Also, does it actually *kill* the algae ? Or does it just clarify the

water
in some other way ? I have a 55gal tank and the bottle I was looking

at
online at www.thatfishplace.com says it treats 2,500gals. So that's

making
me think now that I have the infestation, I'll have to treat it

forever
and
ever.

If barley straw extract ISN'T the best way to deal with green water

algae,
what is ?

Thanks - Shawn