Old 21-03-2004, 10:36 PM
Colonel Bloomer

Default Lack of invertebrates / house sparrows (was Reed Buntings)

On 21 Mar 2004 21:34:23 GMT, (Doctor J.
Frink) wrote:

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 20:14:53 +0000, Colonel Bloomer wrote:

Interesting points and quite feasible. However I don't wear it, in my
garden the mags live happily side by side with the other birdies and I
cant recall the last time I saw a bird of prey here, so not that
common I'd guess.

As a datum-point: we had a sparrowhawk take a starling in our terrace
backyard the other day, in Milton Keynes. We've only had birds regularly
visiting for a few weeks prior to this (only recently set up food/drink
for the tweeters).

We're getting lots of sparrows, which appear to be scaring off the tits
which were the first to scout out the grub. The mixed seed is going down
very quickly whilst the peanuts are barely being touched.

Frink

Is the seed actually being eaten or is it all ending up on the floor
as the fussy gits spit it out?