Old 23-03-2004, 06:33 AM
Steve Holzworth

Default Towards a more organic garden (etc.)

In article , Brian
wrote:

I asked about these, as well as diatomaceous earth (non-toxic and made
from diatom skeletons, which are somewhere near microscopic size and
practically shred slugs and other soft-bodied things as they slide over
the powder you sprinkle around) at Buchanan's yesterday, and I might as
well have been speaking Greek. I did mention to the very nice lady
there that there seemed to be a wave of interest in this kind of stuff,
and she just kept nodding and smiling. Whatever!

Buchanan's (Western Blvd) is usually quite good. I suggest you ask one
of the older experienced guys that work there, they're usually
somewhere out in the nursery area. If you went into the office, you
might have gotten someone who serves more as a checkout clerk. Logan
Trading Company near Peace College is another likely source.

It's my understanding that diatomataceous earth is often used in
swimming pool filters (big ones), so you might see if a pool supply has
it. Rising Soon Pools about another half-mile towards Cary on Western
Blvd is a possible candidate.

--
Steve Holzworth "Do not attribute to poor spelling
That which is actually poor typing..."