Old 24-03-2004, 05:48 PM
RoyDMercer

Default Mulching Push Mower Recommendations ( Specifically Toro 20033 vs John Deere JS60H )

"BigDaDDY" wrote in message
RoyDMercer wrote:

I'm with you. I have a Snapper that's 15 years old and still starts on
the
first pull every time. The engine doesn't have as much power as it once
did, but it still gets the job done. The deck is so well made I think
I'll just replace the motor this year rather than get a new one.

"Bubba" wrote in message
I like my Snapper 6.5HP. It worked like a champ on St Augustine that
grew 4-5" per week in Mississippi.

Man you guys are making me feel bad here. I just bought a Craftsmen
(6.75HP Briggs and Stratton engine) for $300 at Sears. Used it yesterday
and it worked very nice. I hope I didn't make a mistake.

I personally think B&S makes a very good product these days, so in that
respect you'll do fine. What you get when you go with a higher end mower is
significant improvements in the deck and cutting systems. When I got my
mower, I went with the Snapper because I wanted a self-propelled model and I
had heard about too many people having trouble with the self-propelled
systems on cheaper mowers. As it turns out this was a good move, because I
haven't had a lick of trouble out of the mower. Another nice feature of the
Snapper is the mulching system works very well.

If all you want is a push mower and you're not too concerned about mulching
quality, your Craftsmen mower is not a bad choice.