Old 29-03-2004, 06:43 PM
Vicki

Default Barley Straw Extract for Green Water Algae ?

"NetMax" wrote in message .. .
On the 4 day black-out, I've had mixed results reported on this, but
mostly negative. I assume that for it to be effective, there must be
some other condition in the tank, (perhaps they are approaching some
growth constraint?). Let us know how it worked for you. I also found
water changes ineffective. Had good results reported from using a
phosphate pillow though.

NetMax

I have also started having a little problems with algae due to
phosphate in my water source. I switched my ferts to Kent freshwater
which is phosphate free and started adding "PhosGuard" by Seachem to
my filters. So far it has worked a lot and I am happy with the
results. It did not get rid of it 100% but now that my plants are
doing better I hope that in a few more months I should be pretty close
to algae free. YMMV tho.

Vicki