Old 29-03-2004, 10:42 PM
Baine Carruthers

Default Time to put down diazinon?

There are several other products that will do a better job than diazinon.
Diazinon is a very broad spectrum type of insecticide and you will kill many
off target insects ie beneficial mites and such. I was thinking diazinon
was on the hit list of products to be delisted anyway.

Try another product such as Merit. It will give you control later this
season when the new larvae hatch. It's very safe on the pets and doesn't
have near the smell also.

--
Baine

"Siouxzi" wrote in message
The japanese beetles destroyed a lot of our garden and lawn last year,
and we put down milky spore (expensive, ouch!) but it hasn't kicked in
yet, judging by the grubs that I have found whenever I turn over a log
or dig under the turf. And our lawn has become thin and full of
chickweed, not to mention moles.

Hubby is insisting on putting diazinon on the grass. The bag says
apply in 'late spring' --is it time?

I'm worried about my dogs... how long do I have to keep them off the
grass?

Thanks
Sue