Old 30-03-2004, 06:05 PM
Kenneth Ho

Default Need advice on a 200 gal tank

As I mentioned in another post, I am preparing to replace my 35 gal
tank by a 200 gal monster. Currenly, I have 2 X 150W HQI, Rena Heat
Cable, a 1/4 hp chiller and a external CO2 reactor which is good for
40 gal for my 35 gal. I need some advice before I finalize my shopping
list.

How much light would you guys recommend me to have? I am thinking 4 X
150W HQI.

I think I am going for Rena again. But any other heat cable you guys
would suggest for such a large tank?

Is 1/4 hp chiller enough for a 200 gal in reality? Any experience?

How many bags of flourite should I expect, roughly? (the tank is 72" X
24", and I want 5" front and 8" back)

Is there any CO2 reactor available for this size, or I would have to
go for 2 - 3 reactors?

Thanks a million in advance

Ken