Old 01-04-2004, 09:22 PM
Michi Henning

Default Need advice on a 200 gal tank

"Macbrush" wrote in message

I still haven't decided on the lighting side, since my current 35gal is on
very bright side, 8+W per gal, I just don't feel very confortable with such
dramatic drop.

8+W per gallon? You are a brave man! :-)

Now I might just go for 3 X 250W HQIs. But then I still have
3 weeks before the new tank is in place, I still have time to think it over
again.

Hmmm... 750W on 200gal is 3.75W/gal. For my taste, that's too much.
But I there are people who do very well with such high light levels,
so I guess it's possible. How often do you have to prune
plants with your 8+ watts?

Cheers,

Michi.