Old 02-04-2004, 07:55 AM
McQualude

Default Looking for a recommendation for replacing shrubs

"Charles Balan" said:

You don't mention which way the front of your house faces or whether
it is sun or shade. That makes a whole heapa difference.

Me, I like my azaleas, spreading gardenias, red twig dogwood (though
not evergreen - a great specimen), camellias and hydrangeas (also not
evergreen).

Let us know your yard details and see if anyone has any other ideas.
Also, we presume you're in the triangle?

Charles
"McQualude" wrote in message
Our house has the standard evergreen shrubs in front. I don't like
them, they look dull & scraggly. My wife is very hesitant to pull
them out because she hates a 'naked house'.

I would like a recommendation on something to replace them that is
can be maintained in a neat looking state, something that will look
nice year round.

We also have a low ground cover that is the same dull, flat green
color, any suggestions on a suitable replacement would be welcome,
thank you. --
McQualude

south - southwest, part shade

--