Old 02-04-2004, 08:34 AM
Charles Balan

Default Looking for a recommendation for replacing shrubs

You don't mention which way the front of your house faces or whether it is
sun or shade. That makes a whole heapa difference.

Me, I like my azaleas, spreading gardenias, red twig dogwood (though not
evergreen - a great specimen), camellias and hydrangeas (also not
evergreen).

Let us know your yard details and see if anyone has any other ideas. Also,
we presume you're in the triangle?

Charles
"McQualude" wrote in message
Our house has the standard evergreen shrubs in front. I don't like them,
they look dull & scraggly. My wife is very hesitant to pull them out
because she hates a 'naked house'.

I would like a recommendation on something to replace them that is can be
maintained in a neat looking state, something that will look nice year
round.

We also have a low ground cover that is the same dull, flat green color,
any suggestions on a suitable replacement would be welcome, thank you.
--
McQualude