Old 02-04-2004, 10:05 AM
Martin Sykes

Default URGLers in Wales... (Ferryside, Carmarthenshire)

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1gblux6.5936f8tyl258N%00senetnospamtodayta@ma cunlimited.net...
Hi URGlers..

Does anyone know what the soil type is in the area in subject.?

Or better still what plants do specifically well there.. A non
gardening friend of mine has asked for some plant recommendations (must
be fairly 'common' to garden centres etc or mail ordarable).

They need to be the 'foolproof types' which I can make a list of myself
but I just wondered if the area is known to provide ideal conditions for
any particular plants.

Specifically perennials and shrubs (not annual stuff:-))

And any URGlers around there that might be willing to offer advice to a
plant newbie?

Soil types can be a lot more localised than you'd think. Easiest thing is to
find out what her neighbours are growing as a guide to what does well.

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )