Old 06-04-2004, 09:14 PM
Mark

Default garden police gone wild (revisited)?

I'm just waiting for the neighborhood nazi (i.e. the guy who called
the building inspector when I was building my garden shed) to squawk
about my ducks.

The way I figure it, if they have names, they're not livestock;
they're pets. So what if it's 6 ducks and a pullet in the backyard?
As long as I don't intrude on someone else's suburban bliss, WTF,
y'know?

Some people don't have enough to do, AFIAK. My backyard neighbor (a
totally sweet little old widow-woman) is tickled pink that we have a
garden and ducks...she wants me to build a set of steps over the fence
so she can come over and play around in *our* yard. She loves the
kids, she loves getting tomatoes and garlic...but the pinhead two
doors over, who could barely even *see* the garden shed as it was
going up, has decided to exercise his "civic duty" in order to...well,
to just be a plain old pain in the ass of whoever annoys him.

I'd love to see my nice little suburban neighborhood populated by
people who have a sense of calm. People who would rather sit on the
back porch and listen to the "peep-peep" of the ducks...who would
rather piddle around with a bed of vegetables...who would rather turn
a compost bin than watch ESPN and veg out to the latest inane
sitcom...

....but that's just me.

Mark