Old 06-04-2004, 09:34 PM
Velvet

Default Barley Straw Extract for Green Water Algae ?

Aardvark G. Bandersnatch, CPE, RCA, IBM, LSMFT wrote:
"Shawn P. Good" wrote in message

I upped my lighting from the
standard single 4' bulb of 40 watts to 2 bulbs (6500K) totalling 110

watts.

I also added a small do-it-yourself CO2 injection system

Hmmmmmm. Do we have a couple of clues jumping up and down screaming, "Look
Here! Look Here! Look Here!" or what?

I went from battling with the BGA and other assorted algaes to an algae
free tank. I added real plants (lots of), a little semi-diy kit (tiny
compressed cannister), and upped the lighting (now 3x3' flourescents -
can't recall the wattage on a 36" tank).

No green water. So, it could be the cause, but it also shouldn't be the
cause, iyswim.

Velvet