Old 06-04-2004, 09:36 PM
Claire

Default do pomacea bridgsii apple snails eat tender plants?

"Dave M. Picklyk" wrote in message
Hi! I hope LeighMo can answer this one for me:

Do the pomacea bridgsii apple snails eat tender hair-fine leaves off

plants
such as the ambulia or others? Will they start munching on them if there
isn't enough dead plant material and algae in the aquarium?

thanx alot!!!

Not usually. I've got loads of applesnails in my tank and not a single
nibbled leaf.

You do need to feed them though. Mine get cooked and cooled carrots, baby
sweetcorn, peas. Fish flakes, catfish food, algae wafers. Obviously not
all at the same time, but they do get a variety.

Claire