Old 07-04-2004, 12:06 AM
Diana Kulaga

Default Birthday gift

My ISP keeps these threads up for months, so I just scrolled back and found
it. Here's the original post:

Some years, I've lamented the fact that my birthday is the day before
Valentine's Day - like having a Christmas birthday.

Not this year. Frank has been taking (for the second time) the class at
Odom's, and Tuesday morning was his last session. I had a society meeting
in the afternoon, so we didn't connect until around four.

I was feeling pretty good, having bought a beautiful, near specimen size
Blc. Orange Nugget, with many, many buds about to open, from the members'
sale table at the meeting. Then, Frank took my hand and said, "Come and see
your birthday and Valentine's presents". The patio table was covered with
living color!

He had brought me (well, perhaps I should say he brought "us", since he is
clearly now addicted):

Blc. Mem. Vida Lee "Limelight"
Dtps. Taisuco Firebird x same
Dtps. Minho Princess "Louise"
C. Chocolate Drop "Kodama"

And that doesn't count the plants he brought home from every one of the five
sessions before that. (He's a goner - no more disclaimers that the hobby
belongs to me!)

Add to that the fact that Angcm. magdaleinae (yes, sp) decided to put out a
second blooming, and I say, "Who's luckier that me?". Another lanai
addition looms large.....

Diana (who is feeling very smug about having brought her husband into the
cult)