Old 07-04-2004, 02:35 AM
McQualude

Default Advice about VERY messy neighbor

"Joanna & Mark" said:

The yard is covered in garbage with
two broken down cars in the driveway with torn bags of fertilizer,
mulch and ohter moldy bags of god knows what all over the vehicles,
broken pots all over the ground tipped over, rusted cans and garbage

I live in Garner and something similiar was happening in our neighborhood.
My neighbors, about 20 of them, went down to the messy house on a Saturday
morning and cleaned up the junk, mowed the grass, raked the leaves and
made the place look nice. We were brand new to the neighborhood and
weren't involved but I was told that our neighborhood, which was
established in the late 50's, has a covenant that governs such things.
I've never seen it so I don't know if it's true.

Is there an agency in Raleigh / Garner that
could be notified to request that this be taken care of?

http://www.ci.garner.nc.us/CIS/enforce/enforce2.htm
http://www.ci.garner.nc.us/TownCode.htm
--
McQualude