Old 07-04-2004, 10:33 PM
Geoff Rousell

Default Shredders - any advice?

bigboard wrote in
:

Paul Gerrish wrote:
Many thanks for your advice and time - Easter weekend looks time set
to buy one

Paul

Only one caveat with the Bosch: Shredding with it can be addictive,
and my garden is only now starting to recover from the shredding
onslaught last year.

....and our garden has many paths surfaced with Bosch-made shreddings.
There IS a technique to getting maximum throughput without clogging; in my
experience the Bosch doesn't copy too well with large amounts of leaves,
but will shred reasonably "woody" material all day, providing it isn't too
dry. The "mincer" mechanism it uses pulls the material into the machine
without any effort required.

Geoff