Old 08-04-2004, 10:33 AM
Victoria Clare

Default Shredders - any advice?

Geoff Rousell wrote in
52.50:

bigboard wrote in
:

Only one caveat with the Bosch: Shredding with it can be addictive,
and my garden is only now starting to recover from the shredding
onslaught last year.

...and our garden has many paths surfaced with Bosch-made shreddings.
There IS a technique to getting maximum throughput without clogging;
in my experience the Bosch doesn't copy too well with large amounts of
leaves, but will shred reasonably "woody" material all day, providing
it isn't too dry. The "mincer" mechanism it uses pulls the material
into the machine without any effort required.

.... And try to keep the father in law away from it. Mine has this
conviction that *anything* will go through the Bosch if you shove hard
enough, which is almost true, but *not* the quickest of approaches, as you
spend half the time unbunging it when a slightly more circumspect approach
would not have bunged it up in the first place!

I can recommend Tesco.com as a supplier of Bosch shredders.

Mine was cheaper than anywhere else at the time, delivered to the door,
and when I discovered the first one had a manufacturing fault (rare, but
does happen according to the Bosch helpline) they spirited it away and
brought a new one very quickly and with no arguing at all.

Victoria