Old 10-04-2004, 06:06 AM
bigboard

Default Shredders - any advice?

Paul Gerrish wrote:
Small to medium size garden and as composting space is limited decided
to get a shredder to compost more and send less to bin. There is small
amount of small branches, in the autumn lots of beech leaves and quite
a lot of small general prunings /green material. Consequently I want
somehting that will deal with green materials as well as branches and
preferabley reasonably quiet. There are little in way of reviews but
three appear
Ryobi RGS1500 £169 - seems well recommended but not sure it is quiet
or advanced in its cutting mechnaism
AL-Ko SP3500 £269 - seems quiet and seems to have a crush mechanism;
any good for leaves /green material etc..
Bosch AXT 2000 Xp £169 - not sure if this is the same as ATCO Quiet
shredder as these are made by Bosch
ATCO Quiet 1800 Shredder £260- seems to have a spiral pull in

Can anybody spare some time to advise if they have any experience in
this area?

many thanks

Paul

I've got a Bosch 2000, which has a screw cutter. Very quiet in
comparison with shredders with blades, and deals with pretty much
anything to small to put on my open fire. I would heartily recommend it.