Old 12-04-2004, 10:36 PM

Default Advice about VERY messy neighbor

Speaking of messy - wrapping mime formats around something that should
be plain text looks messy to me. ;-)

If you are in the county you may be out of luck. If in a town check
with zoning and see what they may be violating. Good luck. We had one
house on the street that the shutters fell off and the siding was
rotting before they repaired and replaced. 5 years of an eyesore.
Thankfully the front yard has a steep slope so they never put any cars
on blocks on it.

In article , Joanna & Mark wrote:

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C41BB5.3990D4C0

Good morning everyone! =20
Hope everyone got their plants through the freeze safely.

I am inquiring about who to notify about a messy neighbor. =20
This isn't a "I have kids that make a mess" or "I just didn't get around =
to cleaning up my yard for a couple of weeks", or even "This is an =
ongoing work in progress."=20
The yard is covered in garbage with two broken down cars in the driveway =
with torn bags of fertilizer, mulch and ohter moldy bags of god knows =
what all over the vehicles, broken pots all over the ground tipped over, =
rusted cans and garbage spewed all over the yard.
I have seen the people who live there once only on a Saturday.=20
I have asked other neighbors if there was a problem and perhaps we could =
go over and help. (Things happen so maybe they could use help cleaning) =
Everyone said, no that it was a young couple who was lazy and that =
stuff had been there for years.
Most of the people in our neighborhood are very house proud and I love =
them for it, but having one house like that in the neighborhood has not =
only detracted from it's appearance, I now see that the people that live =
next to them have moved out and are trying to rent the home. It =
frightens me to think who would rent so close to a place that is such a =
disaster.
Is there an agency in Raleigh / Garner that could be notified to request =
that this be taken care of?

Thanks again,
Jo
------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C41BB5.3990D4C0

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
HTMLHEAD
META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1"
META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR
STYLE/STYLE
/HEAD
BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff
DIVFONT face=3DArial size=3D2Good morning everyone!  =
/FONT/DIV
DIVFONT face=3DArial size=3D2Hope everyone got their plants through =
the freeze=20
safely./FONT/DIV
DIVFONT face=3DArial size=3D2/FONT /DIV
DIVFONT face=3DArial size=3D2I am inquiring about who to notify =
about a messy=20
neighbor.  /FONT/DIV
DIVFONT face=3DArial size=3D2This isn't a "I have kids that make a =
mess" or "I=20
just didn't get around to cleaning up my yard for a couple of weeks", or =
even=20
"This is an ongoing work in progress." /FONT/DIV
DIVFONT face=3DArial size=3D2The yard is covered in garbage with two =
broken down=20
cars in the driveway with torn bags of fertilizer, mulch and ohter moldy =
bags of=20
god knows what all over the vehicles, broken pots all over the ground =
tipped=20
over, rusted cans and garbage spewed all over the yard./FONT/DIV
DIVFONT face=3DArial size=3D2I have seen the people who live there =
once only on=20
a Saturday. /FONT/DIV
DIVFONT face=3DArial size=3D2I have asked other neighbors if there =
was a problem=20
and perhaps we could go over and help. (Things happen so maybe they =
could use=20
help cleaning)  Everyone said, no that it was a young  couple =
who was=20
lazy and that stuff had been there for years./FONT/DIV
DIVFONT face=3DArial size=3D2Most of the people in our neighborhood =
are very=20
house proud and I love them for it, but having one house like that in =
the=20
neighborhood has not only detracted from it's appearance, I now see that =
the=20
people that live next to them have moved out and are trying to rent the =
home. It=20
frightens me to think who would rent so close to a place that is such a=20
disaster./FONT/DIV
DIVFONT face=3DArial size=3D2Is there an agency in Raleigh / Garner =
that could=20
be notified to request that this be taken care of?/FONT/DIV
DIVFONT face=3DArial size=3D2/FONT /DIV
DIVFONT face=3DArial size=3D2Thanks again,/FONT/DIV
DIVFONT face=3DArial size=3D2Jo/FONT/DIV/BODY/HTML

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C41BB5.3990D4C0--

spam@www.spam.com is a garbage address.