Old 13-04-2004, 03:39 PM
Sacha

Default Poisonous plants

Neil Jones13/4/04 1:02

"Sacha" wrote in message
o.uk...
Sacha12/4/04 10:11

6.fs
net.co.uk

This is an alphabetical listing of poisonous plants:

http://www.powen.freeserve.co.uk/Ref...ison%20a-m.htm

It runs to 7 pages. ;-)

I got ahead of myself there - 7 pages is just A to M. A to Z is 12

pages!
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)

A lot of these seem to be rated 1 ie non-toxic. How many pages is it if
you exclude these?

I'll leave you to explore that. I went to Google and typed in poisonous
plants, with a UK bias, of course. And that was the answer. This means
that to some extent, all those plants are toxic in varying degrees. And the
question most people ask is "are these plants toxic?" not "will these
plants kill my children, poison the dog or merely give us a severe skin
reaction?"
The RHS Encyclopedia gives some such details but not for all plants. If
people want a garden in which they can be certain that no smallest degree of
harm can come to anyone in it, they're going to find it problematic.
I know someone who nearly died of septicaemia after pricking his finger on a
rose thorn that had been sprayed by some nasty chemical. Few people ask if
such things will endanger their lives!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk