Old 14-04-2004, 03:32 PM
Mike Lyle

Default Poisonous plants

(Nick Maclaren) wrote in message ...

http://www.powen.freeserve.co.uk/Ref...ison%20a-m.htm

| It runs to 7 pages. ;-)
|
| I got ahead of myself there - 7 pages is just A to M. A to Z is 12
| pages!
|
| A lot of these seem to be rated 1 ie non-toxic. How many pages is it if
| you exclude these?

Dunno, but it is sufficiently incomplete that I wouldn't bother with
it. Try runner beans, flowering tobacco (nicotiana), bluebell,
common laurel and horse chestnut, to name but a few commonly-planted
decoratives.

Just moved house, so I can't give a proper reference, but in one of my
boxes there's a good HMSO book (one of the Agricultural Bulletins
series, I think),*British Poisonous Plants*, written chiefly from a
vet point of view with case descriptions. It always cheers me up.

Mike.