Old 16-04-2004, 04:03 AM
RoyDMercer

Default Hard Soil

Actually it's a myth that gypsum will break down clay soils. Gypsum is
useful for some things like reducing the salt content in soil, but is almost
never needed for residential use.

The most effective way to improve clay soil is by adding organic material.

"William W. Plummer" wrote in message
That's exactly what gypsum is for. It binds to the clay and allows water

get in to the soil.

"Tyshun Hampton" wrote in message
I have hard soil im my garden. When it gets wet its sticky and very hard

manage. Should I remove most of the soil I have now and replace it with

some
store brought topsoil? or can I add anything to my soil to correct this?