Old 16-04-2004, 02:02 PM
William W. Plummer

Default How to get rid of ants?

It's a big claim that bait is "best". Boric acid is the active ingredient
in several "ant and roach" powders and it works fine for us. In fact, bait
traps have never seemed to wor here in New England. You probably have a
different kind of ant in TX.

"RoyDMercer" wrote in message
"Dick" wrote in message
Me and my wife live in an apt and have a patio. We are in southern
california. Anyway we have had a garden in the back of our apt for the

last
four or five years. What kind of home remedy could get rid of ants? I

mixed
some cleanser with sugar and put it out by the ants. I read where that

would
eventually kill the queen. Any infor I would appreciate.

The best way to get rid of ants inside the home or on your patio is to use
ant baits. They are safe for the environment, and for pets and children.

http://www.killsbugsdead.com/fop_ab.asp

I live in Texas. Ants are worse here than anywhere else I've lived. We

get
them inside our house during the summer quite often. I put out a bait as
soon as I see them and within 1-2 days they are gone.