Old 16-04-2004, 05:32 PM
Trish Brown

Default majestic palms

Loosecannon wrote:

Hi All,

Can say my personal opinion of palms is the same. They are weeds and need to
be planted in the appropriate place.

Any ideas how to kill them with out cutting them down. I know removing the
crown is one way. I know fasarium wilt will kill them providing you have the
right strain. althought it buggars up the soil and anything else you had
growing. Oh and it is lethal to humans. Will LPG kill them? Any other
thoughts. Oh and the ones I want to kill aren't mine.

Oh! Loosecannon! How I feel your pain! We removed all the palms in our yard, but
the neighbours persist in thinking them 'beautiful'. Ppbbbbllfft!!!! Short of
pouring neat Roundup all over them(the palms, not the neighbours!), I can't
think of a blessed thing that wouldn't wind you up in deep compost.

Do your neighbours have a dog? Ours relented and cut down one of their awful
palms when the bats *finally* landed a lovely orange stinking mess on the
animated bedroom slipper they call a dog. Maybe you could scrape up a shovelful
of batpoo and drop it on their favourite pet/child/car? (Psst! Do this under
cover of darkness! You wouldn't want to be named as a bat-after-the fact!)

--
Trish {|:-}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia