Old 18-04-2004, 04:05 AM
Trish Brown

Default majestic palms

Loosecannon wrote:

Fruitbats are not a concern here in WA only journalist neighbours that know
nought. I believe him to be under batpoo and just above ameoba. At the
moment it is 4 palms, 3 Kentias and 1 cocos. I also have to cope with a New
Zealand Christmas Bush (which grow to enormous heights) sucking the
fertility out of my yard (yes my vege patch for the last 25 years) and in
the future shading it out all together.

Is there any way you could sink sheets of - I dunno - corrugated iron(?) along
your boundary fence? Cut through the roots of his NZCB (which I'm supposing
you're entitled to do?) at the point where it enters your property and just
continue the 'fence' down through the soil. I don't know how deeply the roots of
such a tree go, but if they're shallow, then the work would be worth it to
reclaim your veggie garden (wouldn't it?)

Just thinkin' out loud...

--
Trish {|:-}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia