Old 20-04-2004, 03:03 PM
Olushola

Default Vermiculite alternative for square foot gardening?

wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:02:03 -0400, "Olushola"
wrote:
Another question about square foot gardening; I noticed that watering is
very crucial as there is no place to the excess water to go. Does one

have
to cover the plants when it rains to prevent root rot?

Olushola

Water drains out the bottom. I use a raised bed, works great, and the
water drains just fine. I guess it could be a problem if you're
lining the bottom, but why do that?

Swyck

The raised bed seems to be a better way to go. However, if one lives in an
apartment, then I can see the value of lining the bottom.

Olushola