Old 21-04-2004, 11:04 PM
Loki

Default Using newspapers for mulch/weed control ?

il 20 Apr 2004 12:07:24 -0400, (Al Dykes) ha
scritto:

I've seen references to spreading a couple pages of old
newspaper out as ground cover for weed control. I have my doubts
about how rain water seeps thru the paper. Is it fast enough ?

no

If I punched holes with a pitchfork it seems to me that
the paper would shred and blow away.

Any experience ?

Paper blows around, birds rip it up, it looks ugly. And water has a
harder time getting through. But if you want to kill weeds, and not
plant for a while, why not. And put straw over it to look nicer. :-)
--
Cheers,