Old 24-04-2004, 06:05 AM
Brent Harsh

Default Source for berry bushes?

Tim Rowles wrote:

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 14:09:47 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

It's a little too
hot here for rasberries. They do better up north.

I've had good luck with Heritage raspberries so far.
Started with two plants, now have most of a 4x12' bed

So I take it it's normal for them to simply take over a bed, eh? I
planted one raspberry last spring, and I swear, I now have raspberry
canes which have migrated through solid concrete! They're
everywhere... This is after I darn near killed the thing by not
watering it through the dry times last spring. Anyway, I'm thinking
of moving everything else out of that bed (no biggie, just some old
mums that have been there for years before I had bought the house) and
letting the berries have it. Or would it be okay to let the two
things compete - maybe I'd have some winter flowers and cover that way?

Brent
--
Brent Harsh - KD4PBO /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign: Say
bharsh at ncroadrunner \ / NO to HTML in email and news.