Old 24-04-2004, 05:05 PM
Ka30P

Default two young bullfrogs

Wayne wrote Would you mind posting your instructions for me.

Here are my instructions for all ages. Those over 21 can use the *Bret from
Texas Addendum* of adding a six pack of ice cold beer to the mix as it helps
you think like a frog...

CATCHING FROGS
Many ponders choose to remove bullfrogs from their pond as they
get fond of their fish and other froggy visitors.
This can be easier said than done (believe me!).
The best method is to try and catch bullfrogs on a warm night since
they do a lot of their activities at night (including all night croak
fests). It is easiest with two people, a large sport type fishing net, a broom
or pole, a covered container (a few air holes punched in the lid) with an inch
of pond water in it and a flashlight.
Spotlight the frog with the flashlight (usually the net holder has the
flashlight). When the frog is dazzled, slowly place the net in front of the
frog. The other person with the broom or pole moves behind the
frog and gives him a prod in the hind quarters. The frog should then jump
forward, into the net and get tangled up. (This is why a sport fishing net is
better than the flat skimmer net or koi catching net.) Bring the net in, grasp
the frog and then turn him upside down. The frog will stop struggling and you
can gently untangle him from the net. Put him in the covered bucket and
transport him the next day to a natural pond far away from yours.

kathy :-)