Old 24-04-2004, 07:02 PM
Enuf

Default Rabbits are eating my pansies

Haubarg wrote in message . ..
Rabbits are eating our pansies and other blooms
faster than I can plant them.
Does anybody have advice about how to change their
dietary preferences? Can't put wire mesh around the
plants, there are just too many.
I'm new to this group, if this question seems naive... sorry.
thanks

Rose

I had the same problem for several years. Tried all the scents like
coyote urine, soaps, Rabbit Scat. etc with little success. I bought a
roll of fence material (48" wide, 2"x4" openings), cut it in about 6'
lengths, and turned down each side & ends about 6". I placed this
horizontally over the young plants, as many sections as needed for the
bed, and it worked perfectly! I had the best pansy bed ever with
almost no loss to rabbits or deer.

Enuf